UL Performance Verification Services for Fiber Optic Products
With a view to address the need of the Information and communications technology (ICT) industry, UL offers a Performance Verification service to assess fiber optic products for performance and reliability to any UL, published industry standard or to your company’s proprietary specifications.
The common published specifications include:
- GR-20, Generic Requirements for Optical Fiber and Optical Fiber Cable
- GR-326, Generic Requirements for Single mode Optical Connectors and Jumper Assemblies
- GR-409, Generic Requirements for Premises Fiber Optic Cable
- IEC 60794-2-20 – Optical Fiber Cables – Part-2-20 Indoor Cables –Family specification for multi-fiber optical cables
- IEC 60794-3-11 – Optical Fiber Cables – Part 3-11 Outdoor Cables – Product specification for duct, directly buried, and lashed aerial cables single-mode optical fiber telecommunications cable
- IEC 61753-021-3 – Fiber optic interconnecting devices and passive components – Performance standard – single-mode fiber optic connectors for Category U – Uncontrolled environment
The primary program benefits include:
- Address the growing concern of performance compliance in the Information and Communications Technology Industry
- Enhance market acceptance with UL’s well-proven Performance Verification Mark. Products bearing the Mark have undergone the most stringent testing and follow-up inspection programs in the fiber optics industry.
- Reduce time and cost by integrating your fiber optic Performance testing submittal with any UL Safety or NEBS testing needs that your company has.
- Multiple fiber-optic product categories for safety and performance testing
- Testing to international fiber-optic performance standards
- Insure compliance and reduce liability and risk to all stakeholders in the supply chain
- Protection through UL’s unmatched Anti-Counterfeiting Program.