Brands must ensure that promotional product giveaways, premium gifts and authorized licensed goods properly reflect brand reputation for quality, safety and functionality. UL delivers complete quality and safety solutions for a wide variety of these consumer products, including apparel, toys and food.
Our experts have comprehensive knowledge of industry standards, international, federal and state regulations and the risks associated with the use of premiums, promotional and licensed goods.
The benefits of working with UL
With our worldwide presence and regional expertise, we support manufacturers, suppliers and distributors throughout every stage of the product lifecycle, helping to identify potential hazards and initiate corrective and preventative action as needed.
To ensure licensed products comply with brand specifications and meet customer expectations, UL provides clients a total risk management solution that focuses on product safety and quality and quick turnaround time to meet go-to-market schedules.
Our services include:
- Design evaluations, risk assessments, raw material qualification, and best practices consultation and advisory
- Factory quality and capability assessments
- Quality inspections from production to pre-shipment
- Responsible sourcing solutions, including social compliance and supply chain security audits
- Chemical testing to verify compliance with client specifications, international, federal and state regulations including CPSIA and California Proposition 65
- Physical testing to identify potential hazards such as small parts, sharp points and sharp edges, product defects and to help reduce the risk of injury and product recalls
- Product evaluation to verify that product functions as intended and meets all labeled claims
- Development of supplier training and education programs
- Supply chain management including tracking of vendor performance and data management
- Quality manual development and maintenance