As part of our commitment to your digital security and privacy, UL is transitioning to a new email policy. Please confirm if you wish to continue receiving emails from UL containing best practices, education, industry research, news, updates and promotions related to UL products and services. Thank you!
UL provides the expertise and services that customers need to meet the requirements of NSF 61 (including Annex G) and NSF 372. Our comprehensive compliance services cover a wide range of products used in the transport of potable water. Starting from a municipal water treatment facility to the network of water tanks and piping systems which then connect to commercial and residential buildings. UL’s Water Systems certification program can certify anything that distributes potable water to your faucet. Examples include:
- Joining and sealing materials including gaskets (EPDM, NBR SBR), lubricants and sealants (silicon, PTFE)
- Barrier materials including paints, coatings (asphalt, epoxy, polyurethane), cements, additives and tank liners
- Pipes (copper, ductile iron, stainless steel, concrete) including fittings, couplings, flexible and rigid tubing and hoses
- Mechanical devices including service saddles, water meters, ball valves, pumps, chemical feeders, hydrants
- Plumbing devices including faucets, drinking fountains, refrigerator ice makers
- Process media including carbon, aluminum silicates, ion exchange resins and sand
- Plastic materials including ABS, nylon, polycarbonate, polyethylene, and PVC
Refer to our online directory of Water System Components currently Certified to NSF 61: Directory
Leverage UL Certification to NSF 372 Standard for Drinking Water System Components – Lead Content to demonstrate compliance with the lead free requirements in:
- California Health and Safety Code – Section 116875
- Vermont Lead Reduction Law (Vermont Act No. 193)
- Maryland House Bill 372
- Reduction of Lead in Drinking Water Act (RLDWA) Section 1417
- Uniform Plumbing Code Section 604.11
- Louisiana House Bill 471
Refer to our online directory of Water System Components currently Certified to NSF 372: Directory
Demand for Rainwater Catchment systems to capture and store water for potable use is increasing. UL Certifies rainwater catchment products (from roofing materials to cisterns) to the applicable requirements in NSF 61 and NSF P151.
Keeping Public Water Works Projects on schedule is critical for general contractors and engineering firms. UL can help validate that locally sourced cement and aggregate materials do not have contaminants or impurities that may have adverse human health effects.
UL also offers testing and certification services to numerous performance and safety standards for:
- Fire Protection
- Workplace Safety
Our certification transfer program makes it easy for customers to upgrade to UL services, and our global presence allows us to provide cost-conscious surveillance around the world.