UL, a global safety science company, and Tooling U-SME, a leader in manufacturing workforce and education development, will debut the first course of their joint professional Additive Manufacturing Certification Program at the 2018 AMUG Conference. The course, Fundamentals of Additive Manufacturing Certification, is a discussion-oriented and interactive session in which participants receive comprehensive introductory knowledge of the 3D printing industry. A certification exam is offered following the class.
The new course and program is based on UL’s multi-tiered Additive Manufacturing training program and Tooling U-SME’s Professional Certification. Responding to industry feedback, this program provides a single point for professional Additive Manufacturing certification that aligns the previously independent UL and Tooling U-SME programs.
- Course: Fundamentals of Additive Manufacturing Certification
- Date: Sunday, April 8
- Location: 2018 AMUG Conference / Union Station Hotel, St. Louis
- Instructor: Dr. Khalid Rafi, UL AM Lead Development Engineer
- Certification Exam: Three hour proctored, open book and open note exam consisting of 100 multiple choice questions; students must score ≥ 70% to pass
- Identify the various 3D printing / AM technologies & their benefits / limitations
- Define the basic 3D printing process
- Understand the hardware & software for 3D digital file management
- Identify common materials for each 3D printing / Additive Manufacturing technology
- Describe integration of Additive Manufacturing with secondary manufacturing processes (e.g. casting & molding)
- Identify basic safety & quality considerations specific to Additive Manufacturing
- 8:00am – 12:00pm Fundamentals of Additive Manufacturing Prep Course
- 12:00pm – 12:30pm Lunch (provided)
- 12:30pm – 3:30pm Fundamentals of Additive Manufacturing Certification Exam*
*Students may reschedule the seated exam portion hosted at AMUG and complete the exam at a later date. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
This offering of the Fundamentals of Additive Manufacturing Certification Prep Course and Exam is available to attendees of AMUG only. This class is an add-on to the conference and requires an additional fee. Unable to attend AMUG? Fundamentals of Additive Manufacturing Certification will also be offered at RAPID + TCT, April 23-26 in Fort Worth, TX. Registration details for RAPID will be provided in the February newsletter.