As part of our commitment to your digital security and privacy, UL is transitioning to a new email policy. Please confirm if you wish to continue receiving emails from UL containing best practices, education, industry research, news, updates and promotions related to UL products and services. Thank you!
Certificate of Compliance
UL issues Certificates of Compliance to all UL Listed alarm companies. The Certificate of Compliance is often used by an alarm company as a declaration that the alarm services it provides meets Alarm Industry standards and requirements.
Benefits of a Certificate of Compliance:
- Indicates a partnership between the alarm service company and UL
- Identifies the categories in which an alarm service company maintains a UL Listing
- Displays the unique file numbers associated with each UL Listing maintained by th alarm service company
- Code authorities use Certificates of Compliance to identify qualified alarm service companies
Elements of a protected property certificate include:
- Type of alarm service provided to the protected property
- Name and address of the protected property
- Name and address of the alarm service company responsible for issuing the certificate
- Description of the extent of protection coverage, equipment installed and other details
- The Certificate period of issuance (issuance date and expiration date)
- Each Certificate possesses a unique serial number