The UL Life & Health Sciences division is dedicated to healthcare industry innovation by helping clients with their biggest challenges in regulatory management, market access, and connected device risk i.e. safety, security, usability, and interoperability. We ensure that medical devices are safe to deploy and use in an increasingly patient-centric and connected environment.
UL brings decades of the most advanced technical, regulatory and clinical expertise to solve the toughest challenges in the market with the goal of improving access to advanced safe healthcare around the world.
The benefits of working with UL
- Our technical experts and biomedical engineers each average of over 10 years’ experience and are active members of international standards writing and technical committees. This gives our customers the benefit of anticipating changes to the standards and regulations and having representation during development.
- UL bases all testing methods using sound engineering principles and experience in the field of Electrical, Mechanical, Chemical, Computer Science, and Microbiology whether they come from existing standards for mature technologies or new technologies.
- We are the # 1 Issuer of IECEE CB Scheme Certificates
- We have ISO 17025 accredited laboratories around the world. Our global presence enables us to offer our customers testing, regulatory, and certification services in native languages and local time zones as well as being able to provide access to local experts.
- The UL 2900 2-1 Cybersecurity standard is a US FDA Consensus standard and is leveraged globally by connected medical device manufacturers.
- We offer a full range of medical device testing services from supply chain sterilization/hygiene and packaging, to electrical, to cyber, all helping to prepare healthcare products for successful commercialization.
- UL is a recognized Auditing Organization for MDSAP, simplifying global market access.
SEE WHAT OUR CUSTOMERS HAVE TO SAY ABOUT WORKING WITH UL.
“The entire team exceeded my expectations in all areas involved. Everyone was very responsive which is key because there are always project deadlines to be met.”- Steve Grimes, Product Compliance Engineer, Brady Corporation Milwaukee, WI
TO SPEAK WITH OUR IN-HOUSE EXPERTS AND TAKE ADVANTAGE OF OUR PERSONALIZED, NO-OBLIGATION CONSULTATION, CLICK HERE.
**As a Notified Body, MDSAP Recognized Auditing Organization and ISO 17000 series accredited Certification Body we cannot participate in the design, manufacture, installation or distribution of the products we certify or provide consultancy services related to those products. In addition, the UL Notified Body cannot provide certification services to companies that have been provided with consultancy services from other companies in the UL family. We also cannot link our activities to the activities of organizations that provide consultancy services. If you require such services please use an internet search engine to identify relevant providers.