As part of our commitment to your digital security and privacy, UL is transitioning to a new email policy. Please confirm if you wish to continue receiving emails from UL containing best practices, education, industry research, news, updates and promotions related to UL products and services. Thank you!
With its acquisition of Advanced Furniture Testing, UL is uniquely positioned to offer world class testing equipment and accessories to furniture manufacturers, suppliers and retailers who want to conduct in-house testing.
UL’s furniture test equipment group is led by Doug Woodard, a furniture industry veteran with more than 20 years of experience designing and building test equipment. At Advanced Furniture Testing, a UL Company in Holland, Michigan, we design and build custom machines to meet exacting specifications. We also manufacture and supply test accessories, such as weight bags and seat impact bags, so you can conduct tests with professional grade fixtures.
View the test machines we offer and their specifications, as well as inquire about customized machines:
- 4 Station Chair Back Durability Test Machine
- BIFMA Drop Impact + Load Ease Test Machine
- Multi-task Furniture Machine
- Universal Cyclic Test Machine
- Single Station Chair Back Durability Test Machine
- BIFMA Dual Arm Durability Test Machine
- View the complete line here
Order from our fixture supplies catalog for all of your in-house testing needs. Supplies include:
- Standard BIFMA and custom testing fixtures make test setups easier and more efficient
- Weight bags filled with stainless steel shot are available in 1, 2, 5, 10, 15, 25, and 50 lb. sizes
- Seating impact bags, both BIFMA-style and modified, featuring special inner bags designed to eliminate weight shifting during tests