UL provides furniture performance and durability testing, chemical and emission testing, flammability testing and GREENGUARD Certification for education, healthcare and institutional furniture. Our comprehensive suite of services help our customers demonstrate compliance with General Services Administration (GSA) and a variety of purchasing guidelines. GREENGUARD Certification was recently named by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), as an approved eco-label for government purchasers. Ninety-five perfect of all federal purchasing must be environmentally preferable, and GREENGUARD Certified products help meet that criteria.
UL’s portfolio of services for education, healthcare and institutional furniture include:
- BIFMA Testing to ensure performance and durability
- Flammability testing for mattresses, household furniture and public seating, including 16 CFR 1632 and 1633, TB 117 and TB 133
- GREENGUARD Certification to verify low chemical emissions from products and contribute to LEED points and EPA Green Purchasing Guidelines.
- UL Safety Certification for household and commercial furniture products
- California Proposition 65 Testing for products sold into California
Our detailed assessments help detect variances and defects at critical checkpoints throughout the supply chain, from top-of-production (TOP) inspections and in-process quality checks (DU PRO) to packing and loading inspections. We can help determine risk before production begins with factory capability and social compliance offerings. And our trusted reputation adds a key differentiator that’s respected by institutional furniture buyers.