The long-term effort to harmonize the PV module safety and construction standards is coming to a close. Harmonization involves evaluating requirements in the base standard for different geographical markets to identify common elements and specific national or regional differences. The combination of updates in IEC 61730, published Aug 2016, is the basis for harmonization with UL 1703 and will result in UL 61730-1 and UL 61730-2.
While the publication of the harmonized standard does not immediately replace UL 1703, it is important to know now how changes will impact your current PV module or system design. Whether you’re a manufacturer, integrator, installer, inspector, developer or financier of PV systems, you’ll benefit from the knowledge shared in this webinar from the experts that participated in writing the standard.
- Fundamental differences between IEC 61730 and UL 1703
- Overview of insulation coordination, overvoltage categories and equipment classes
- National differences resulting from harmonization
- Overview of the resulting UL 61730 harmonized safety standard
- What it means to your existing safety certifications
- Key considerations in new designs