Cleaning products for use in high-traffic commercial and institutional environments must be extremely effective and must meet health and safety requirements, for the benefit of product users as well as all other building occupants and visitors.
Our services to the industry include:
- Ambient and accelerated shelf-life studies
- Analytical microbiological and physical testing
- Claims testing
- Competitive product evaluations
- Environmental certifications
- Product emissions testing
- Label reviews
- Product/package compatibility testing
- Regional pH and water hardness levels testing
- Regulatory consultation
- Sensory evaluation and consumer studies for industrial cleaners
Institutional purchasers’ growing concern over the potential environmental and human health risks of cleaning chemicals has put cleaning products under a critical spotlight in recent years. And a growing number of schools, hospitals, institutions, government agencies, NGOs, and building and maintenance programs are adopting green cleaning processes and procedures that call for the use of third-party certified green cleaners and sustainably produced toilet tissue, paper towels, disposable wipes and plastics (garbage bags/trashcan liners).
UL’s ECOLOGO Certification Mark provides a fast and easy way for specifiers and purchasers to identify cleaning chemicals, paper and plastic products (garbage bags/trashcan liners) that comply with the requirements of green cleaning programs. ECOLOGO is recognized or referenced in more than 350 specifications and standards.