The harmonized plastic plumbing fixtures standard CSA B45.5/IAPMO Z124 has been revised for 2017. The changes to this standard may have an impact on your currently certified products.
Some of the changes include:
- Dimensional requirement for overflows were clarified.
- The required spacing between a finished wall and grab bars was increased.
- Additional tests for water closet tanks were added.
- Performance requirements for grab bars were revised.
- The waste fitting connection test was revised.
- Colorfastness methods were revised.
- Removed the requirement to apply the “N” mark to indicate products with non‐standard dimensions.
- Bathtub overflows were revised from a mandatory specification to an option of the manufacturer.
For any questions regarding the changes and how your products may be impacted, please contact Charles Erickson at Charles.Erickson@ul.com. Charles is a Project Engineer and represents UL LLC on the CSA B45 Technical Committee on Plumbing Fixtures.