This January, the Comisión Nacional Para El Uso Eficiente De La Energía (CONUEE) announced its new mandatory Energy Efficiency regulations NOM-032-ENER-2013 and this Official Mexican Standard shall take effect on September 20, 2014. This Standard applies to consumer technology products with standby feature, including the following:
- Digital television adapters
- Set-top Boxes (e.g. cable, satellite, IP)
- Imaging equipment (e.g. printers, copiers, scanners, fax machines, multifunction devices)
- Equipment for audio reproduction
- Equipment for video playback or home theater (Blue-Ray player, DVD player)
- Microwave ovens
- Television sets (LED, LCD, PDP, OLED)
UL de México can issue the UL-MX NOM Mark for manufacturers by conducting testing and issuing a test report for electrical and electronic products such as information technology equipment, audio and video products, and household appliances.
UL also offers Agency Service for manufacturers who wish to obtain Mexican certification pertaining to telecommunication requirements but do not want to handle or coordinate the submittal themselves. Under our Agency Service, UL can:
- Determine applicable Mexican standard(s)
- Obtain application forms for certification from the applicable Mexican certification organization
- Submit all requested samples and documentation to the appropriate EMA laboratory
- Provide any necessary translation upon request
- Follow up on the status of the project to its completion
For more information, please contact email@example.com.