As part of our commitment to your digital security and privacy, UL is transitioning to a new email policy. Please confirm if you wish to continue receiving emails from UL containing best practices, education, industry research, news, updates and promotions related to UL products and services. Thank you!
UL helps optimize testing processes in alignment with business objectives.
Terminal vendors, acquirers and their merchants encounter a number of challenges when deploying or updating new payment terminals. UL can help customers answer the following typical questions:
- Do I need to certify a POS and/or host again when applying a software update?
- Which certifications do I need to implement contactless?
- What tests or certifications are needed if I want to include cloud-based or Apple Pay for my terminal?
- What happens when the EMV Kernel is expired or certification expires?
- What information must be submitted to the schemes for validation?
- What can I do to complete certification during the assigned time slot?
- For cloud-based payments, what modifications to the architecture are required?
UL provides payment terminal vendors and acquirers with customized test services to help ensure that payment terminals and host systems are secure, compliant and globally interoperable.
As a comprehensive partner, we deliver the complete range of test and certification services that customers require, from EMVCo Level 1 certification up to the brand testing and validation for the major payment schemes.
Covering the complete portfolio of payment terminal products, we perform EMVCo Level 1 and 2 contact and contactless certifications, and contact and contactless testing for global and local payment brands under EMVCo Level 3.
With a commitment to optimization and efficiency for our customers, we define the best road map of test and certification activities to achieve business goals, such as time-to-market, product quality and cost reduction.
With more than 15 years’ experience, UL has executed tens of thousands of test services related to payment terminals for all the major schemes. This includes EMVCo, MasterCard, Visa, American Express, Discover, Diners Club, JCB, UnionPay and C-TAP Authority.