UL supports your drive to enhance product quality and safety, access global markets and clearly differentiate your products in the marketplace.Our customer-centric service offerings include the rigorous assessments that manufacturers, installers, brand owners, retailers, regulatory bodies and consumers have come to expect from UL.
We evaluate more than 70 different wire and cable product categories to national and international standards for safety, performance, quality, environmental impact and regulatory compliance as required for markets in North America, Latin America, Europe and Asia. Our customized service packages help reduce redundant testing, which saves both time and money, and helps you get safer and better-quality products to market more quickly.
It’s what’s behind the UL Mark that makes the difference
- The UL compliance system helps ensure compliance and reduce liability and risk across the entire supply chain.
- Our Follow-up Service (FUS) program helps manufacturers gain a competitive edge based on quality, reputation and service, making it more difficult for manufacturers that produce counterfeit or inferior products to survive.
- Our longstanding history in certification and standards development makes us a trusted thought leader in the compliance arena. Stakeholders rely on UL for research, knowledge and technical solutions to address safety issues and advise on new technologies.
- Comprehensive factory and market surveillance programs help to ensure a more compliant supply chain, fair competition in the marketplace, and reduce the risk and costs associated with unsafe products while helping to protect brand reputation and the integrity of the UL Mark.
- The well proven UL anti-counterfeiting program leverages law enforcement expertise with a fully dedicated global security and brand protection operation team who work with authorities and global customs agencies combat counterfeiting.
- The use of the holographic label system sets UL apart by establishing a unique identifier for customs, regulators, buyers, retailers and consumers.
- Some product categories have the option for an additional on-demand promotional opportunity to include a direct link to your company website, product page, brochure, data sheet or flyer through UL’s iQTM databases.
- UL offers global testing and certification solutions for acceptance in North America, Latin America, Europe, Middle East and Asian countries. UL ranked second in terms of the number of CB certificates issued worldwide.1
- We continue to extend UL’s capabilities and services to meet our customers’ increasing needs. Our goal is to help our customers rapidly develop and launch safer, superior products and meet the shifting requirements of a changing world.
1 Based on statistics released from 2011 to 2015 by IEC System of Conformity Assessment for Electrotechnical Equipment and Components (IECEE)