TEXTILES, APPAREL AND FOOTWEAR
UL Tailors Regulatory and Quality Solutions
Our quality assurance experts partner with textiles, apparel and footwear companies to address product regulatory requirements, performance and quality, construction and composition through textile testing and analysis. We focus on individual client requirements throughout production cycles to evaluate and develop quality and safety solutions that meet client demands, comply with regulatory standards and enhance consumer satisfaction.
We help our clients improve the strength of their global supply chains, optimize product performance and protect their brands.
The benefits of working with UL
Early product review by UL experts can reduce time to market and help avoid costly recalls. UL’s state-of-the-art textiles testing labs evaluate if products meet brand standards and consumer expectations for quality, fit, comfort and durability.
We also assess product distribution and sales practices to ensure compliance with local and international industry standards. Our global presence and compliance expertise give us firsthand knowledge of current and pending regulations and standards that may impact our clients. We have a network of more than 131 laboratory testing and certification facilities in 39 countries.
With our intimate knowledge and experience with industry and government standards, UL offers valuable insights into factory quality systems and production capabilities.
UL provides numerous services, including:
- Tests for special claims such as moisture management and antibacterial finish
- Testing for regulatory and safety hazards requirements at UL’s apparel testing labs and footwear testing labs
- Solutions for failed test reports
- Safety regulation training
- Compliance monitoring
- Inspection and factory audits and solutions
- Physical and mechanical testing
- Chemical analyses
- Flammability testing
- Down and Feather testing
- Home textiles
- Leather products testing including leather footwear
- Accessories testing
- China GB testing
- Fiber analysis
- Colorfastness testing
- Production monitoring
- Customized quality assurance services
- CPSC requirements for Lead and Phthalate
- CA Prop 65
- EU – REACH SVHC
Areas of Focus
Find the right service within the UL offering and learn how it meets your particular needs.
- Brand Protection and Supply Chain Security Advisory Services
- Brand Protection and Supply Chain Security Audits
- Capacity Building and Continuous Improvement Advisory Services
- Capacity Building and Continuous Improvement Audits
- Chemical Testing
- Environmental Responsibility Audits
- Flammability Testing
- Management System Assessment
- Manufacturing Audits
- Materials Testing
- Microbiological Testing
- Performance Testing
- Physical Testing
- Program Development
- Quality Inspection
- Regulatory Testing
Browse pertinent UL thought leadership to help you find the research and insights that matter for your business.