UL helps activate sustainable supply chains.
We are creating safer living and working environments with our customers—finding new and better ways to drive sustainable advantages within the global supply chain.
The benefits of working with UL
Our leading auditing and advisory services include supply chain monitoring, research and program development. All of it designed to deliver the intelligence and tools businesses need to activate and advance responsible sourcing practices within the supply chain.
Drawing from extensive industry knowledge and best practices, UL delivers innovative, customized responsible sourcing solutions. Our services establish, assess, track and measure supply chain sustainability programs through six areas of UL expertise:
- Capacity building and continuous improvement
- Environmental responsibility
- Extractives and raw materials sourcing
- Risk identification and management
- Security and brand protection
- Social responsibility and accountability
We are accredited monitors for:
- Worldwide Responsible Accredited Production (WRAP)
- International Council of Toy Industries (ICTI CARE Process)
- Social Accountability International (SA8000)
- Responsible Jewellry Council (RJC)
- Fair Labor Association (FLA).
We are active in a broad range of monitoring initiatives:
- Business Social Compliance Initiative (BSCI)
- Electronics Industry Citizenship Coalition (EICC)
- Initiative Clause Sociale (ICS).
Additionally, we reference the International Federation of Inspection Agencies (IFIA) and Global Social Compliance Programme (GSCP) in our work.
UL’s global network of in-house researchers maintains a comprehensive library of labor and environmental laws, CRS risk indices, global minimum wage lists and best practice manuals. Our extensive research capability provides auditors with immediate access to specific laws during the audit process, informs customers with key insights and intelligence to make critical business sourcing decisions, and positions UL as a thought leader in supply chain responsibility.
We offer a wide array of classroom and e-learning opportunities for brands, retailers, suppliers and factories in multiple languages.
Areas of Focus
Find the right service within the UL offering and learn how it meets your particular needs.
- Brand Protection and Supply Chain Security Advisory Services
- Brand Protection and Supply Chain Security Audits
- Capacity Building and Continuous Improvement Advisory Services
- Capacity Building and Continuous Improvement Audits
- Environmental Responsibility Advisory Services
- Environmental Responsibility Audits
- Extractives and Raw Materials Advisory Services
- Extractives and Raw Materials Audits
- Risk Identification and Management Advisory Services
- Risk Identification and Management Audits
Browse pertinent UL thought leadership to help you find the research and insights that matter for your business.