MEDICAL AND LABORATORY
UL provides comprehensive life cycle services to support the medical and laboratory industries in achieving global regulatory approvals.
Our industry-dedicated team are knowledge leaders in the full life cycle needs of the health sciences industries. Our customers gain the efficiency, expertise and cost benefits associated with working with an industry leader for all their critical business needs.
UL helps our customers prevent and resolve complicated quality issues that could lead to recalls, embargoes, bans and liability. We offer nonclinical testing; usability, EMC and performance testing; safety certification; regulatory advisory services; and compliance training to help speed unrestricted access to the global market.
The benefits of working with UL
UL’s in-depth knowledge of the issues driving regulatory efforts uniquely enables us to provide actionable insights to help our customers achieve compliance in all of their target markets.
UL works directly with government agencies around the globe to help inform health IT policy. Our technical experts are active members of industry standards writing and technical committees. We also have a cooperative research and development agreement (CRADA) with the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Through this unique partnership, UL has provided the online training, documentation tracking and a 21 CFR Part 11-validated platform used to certify and train over 36,000 FDA inspectors worldwide.
Our global presences enables us to offer our customers a full suite of services in their own language and time zone as well as to provide access to local experts who can assist them in understanding regulatory requirements in all of their target markets. We provide integrated quality system assessments to ease the process of meeting regulatory requirements for multiple countries.
We can provide our customers with comprehensive, customized learning management systems that can be integrated directly into their compliance and quality systems to further assist them in demonstrating compliance to regulators.
Areas of Focus
Find the right service within the UL offering and learn how it meets your particular needs.
- Advisory Services
- Analytical Testing
- Claims Testing
- Clinical Research Organization Advisory Services
- Compliance Advisory Services
- Compliance Training
- Custom Training
- Data Acceptance Program
- Electrical Testing
- EMC Testing
- EMC Training
- Energy Efficiency Testing
- Environmental Responsibility Audits
- Factory Inspection
- Field Evaluation
- Field Inspection Service
- Follow-up Service
- Global Market Access Advisory Services
- Global Market Access Training
- Human Factors Engineering Advisory Services
- In-Situ Testing
- Interoperability Testing
- Management System Assessment
- Manufacturing Audits
- Materials Testing
- Microbiological Testing
- Multiple Listing and Private Labeling
- Nonclinical Testing
- Performance Testing
- Physical Testing
- Pre-certification Review
- Process Validation
- Product Development Advisory Services
- Product Risk Assessments
- Product Safety Education Programs
- Program Development
- Quality Advisory Services
- Regulatory Support Advisory Services
- Regulatory Testing
- Research and Development Testing
- Risk Identification and Management Advisory Services
- Risk Identification and Management Audits
- Safety Certification
- Safety Testing
- SAR Testing
- Supply Chain Certification
- Third-Party Regulatory Approval
- Transaction Security Consulting Services
- Usability Testing
- Wireless Regulatory Testing
View the scope and table of contents for the UL Standard that applies to your regulatory or engineering needs.
- 859 11 Standard for Household Electric Personal Grooming Appliances
- 1028 5 Standard for Hair Clipping and Shaving Appliances
- 1069 7 Standard for Hospital Signaling and Nurse Call Equipment
- 1431 3 Standard for Personal Hygiene and Health Care Appliances
- 1637 4 Standard for Home Health Care Signaling Equipment
- 1647 5 Standard for Motor-Operated Massage and Exercise Machines
- 1727 5 Standard for Commercial Electric Personal Grooming Appliances
- 2560 1 Standard for Emergency Call Systems for Assisted Living and Independent Living Facilities
- 60601-1 1 Medical Electrical Equipment, Part 1: General Requirements for Safety
- 61010-1 3 Safety Requirements for Electrical Equipment for Measurement, Control, and Laboratory Use – Part 1: General Requirements
Browse pertinent UL thought leadership to help you find the research and insights that matter for your business.