Knowledge is a competitive advantage that drives tangible results, empowering people, protecting lives and driving business success.
In today’s world, it is becoming increasingly difficult to design, build and globally deploy safe and sustainable products. Regulatory and compliance requirements continually shift as new safety systems emerge and evolve, product recalls and liabilities pose a risk to a company’s reputation, and workforce demographics change at an unprecedented rate. UL Knowledge Solutions provide our customers with the education resources they need to develop, manufacture, install and deploy safer products throughout the global marketplace.
Our customers put this knowledge to work within their own businesses to demonstrate their commitment to safety, advance their approach to risk management and risk prevention, keep pace with new technologies and regulations, and ultimately improve speed to market.
The benefits of working with UL
Our Knowledge Solutions draw on UL’s thought leadership and the expertise garnered from more than a century of testing and certifying products and developing standards. UL’s Knowledge Solutions will help customers to:
- Design safer products and get those products to market quickly
- Build a culture of safety while mitigating product risk and liability
- Access expert knowledge in one place from a trusted source
- Address organizational knowledge gaps with education aimed at elevating skills across an entire institution
- Gain the knowledge necessary to navigate complex global compliance issues and regulatory challenges
- Streamline processes, instill best practices and fully utilize the talent of individuals
UL’s Knowledge Solutions combine dynamic learning with practical application and demonstration. We offer training programs in several languages and can translate into any language, send experts to any location and investigate any market risk to meet our customers’ knowledge needs.
Our team of professional educators helps our customers optimize and enhance results. We can provide front- and back-end assessments to measure training effectiveness and knowledge retention.
Areas of Focus
Find the right service within the UL offering and learn how it meets your particular needs.
- Advisory Services
- Code Training
- Compliance Training
- Continuous Improvement Advisory Service
- Custom Training
- EMC Training
- Global Market Access
- Global Market Access Advisory Services
- Global Market Access Training
- Global Market Access Training
- Personnel Certification
- Program Development
- Quality Conformance Training
- Regulatory Compliance Essentials Training
- Standards Training
- Training Needs Assessment
- UL Program Training
- Workplace Health and Safety Training
View the summary of selected UL Standards below. UL provides training on each, plus other standards not listed here.
- 48 15 Standard for Electric Signs
- 94 6 Standard for Tests for Flammability of Plastic Materials for Parts in Devices and Appliances
- 96A 12 Standard for Installation Requirements for Lightning Protection Systems
- 153 13 Standard for Portable Electric Luminaires
- 197 10 Standard for Commercial Electric Cooking Appliances
- 250 10 Household Refrigerators and Freezers
- 471 10 Standard for Commercial Refrigerators and Freezers
- 507 9 Standard for Electric Fans
- 508A 1 Industrial Control Panels
- 746A 6 Standard for Polymeric Materials – Short Term Property Evaluations
- 844 13 Standard for Luminaires for Use in Hazardous (Classified) Locations
- 864 9 Standard for Control Units and Accessories for Fire Alarm Systems
- 891 11 Switchboards
- 1446 6 Standard for Systems of Insulating Materials – General
- 1598 3 Luminaires
- 1703 3 Standard for Flat-Plate Photovoltaic Modules and Panels
- 1741 2 Standard for Inverters, Converters, Controllers and Interconnection System Equipment for Use With Distributed Energy Resources
- 8750 1 Standard for Light Emitting Diode (LED) Equipment for Use in Lighting Products
- 60065 7 Standard for Audio, Video and Similar Electronic Apparatus – Safety Requirements
- 60335-1 5 Safety of Household and Similar Appliances, Part 1: General Requirements
- 60730-1 4 Automatic Electrical Controls for Household and Similar Use – Part 1: General Requirements
- 60950-1 1 Information Technology Equipment – Safety – Part-1: General Requirements
Browse pertinent UL thought leadership to help you find the research and insights that matter for your business.