JEWELRY AND WATCHES
Protecting Your Goods and Your Good Name
UL is a global, independent safety science company with more than a century of expertise innovating safety solutions and dedicated to promoting safe living and working environments. We provide the knowledge and expertise to help customers navigate growing complexities across the supply chain, from compliance and regulatory issues to trade challenges and market access. UL helps safeguard people, products and places in important ways, facilitating trade and providing peace of mind.
UL helps ensure quality in every detail
From mines to manufacturers, wholesalers to retailers, UL provides a wide range of services for the jewelry industry. UL’s proven expertise in quality assurance and responsible sourcing, in tandem with our knowledge of global regulatory requirements and product safety testing, uniquely positions UL to serve as a trusted resource for all of your jewelry quality assurance needs.
UL’s jewelry testing programs can help mitigate risk while ensuring regulatory compliance and brand protection, and facilitate global market access. Registered with the CPSC as an accredited third-party testing laboratory, our worldwide locations test to international, federal, regional and industry standards. Our global UL Jewelry Centers for Excellence are each staffed with a dedicated UL jewelry team comprised of seasoned jewelry industry professionals and safety scientists.
UL’s testing services for fine, fashion and children’s jewelry include:
- UL Diamond Verification Programs
- UL Finished Jewelry Verification Programs
- Gemstone Verification and Identification
- Precious Metal Verification
- Plating Thickness and Fineness
- Plating and Base Metal Material Composition
- Quality and Performance Testing
- Fire Assay
- Regulatory Compliance Testing
UL’s comprehensive jewelry inspection programs provide a vital check on product and manufacturing quality at every stage of production to help minimize any potential quality issues along your supply chain.
Our global, multi-lingual team of jewelry inspectors includes Master Gemologist Appraisers, Diamond Cutters, GIA Graduate Gemologists, GIA Diamond Graduates and Accredited Jewelry Professionals.
Currently inspecting jewelry in over 40 countries including the United States, Turkey, Italy, Israel, China, India and Thailand, UL’s jewelry inspection services for ne and fashion jewelry encompass:
- Diamond and Gemstone Cut, Color, Weight and Quality Range
- Required Country of Origin, Trademark & Fineness Stampings
- Client Proprietary Requirements
- Casting, Construction and overall manufacturing quality
- Precious Metal Weight Verification; Stone Setting Quality; Plating Color
- Labeling, Boxing and Packing Requirements
- Raw materials traceability
- Quantity Verification; Functionality and Sizing
- Workmanship and Aesthetics
As the jewelry industry continues to source goods and materials in ever more dynamic ways, UL ‘s Responsible Sourcing group can provide crucial peace of mind and instill consumer confidence and integrity behind your brand.
UL’s Responsible Sourcing group is a leading provider of responsible sourcing auditing and advisory services, which include supply chain monitoring, training, research and program development.
UL is accredited by the Responsible Jewellery Council (RJC) to conduct Certification assessments throughout the jewelry supply chain, as well as by the Electronic Industry Citizenship Coalition (EICC), and London Bullion Market Association (LBMA) to conduct Conflict Minerals assessments globally.
UL’s advisory and monitoring services include:
- Social Responsibility and Accountability
- Conflict Minerals and Raw Material Traceability
- Risk Services and Capacity Building
Security Certification Services
UL provides extensive compliance testing and certification solutions for jewelry store access control, burglar alarm controls, intrusion sensors, ballistics, locks and other electronic and physical security products. UL tests security products for compliance with current applicable editions of ANSI/NFPA, EN and CAN/CSA standards and certifies products with the widely recognized and respected UL Mark.
Our services for jewelry stores consist of:
- Data Acceptance Program
- Global Market Access
- Pre-certification Review
- Product Certification
Areas of Focus
Find the right service within the UL offering and learn how it meets your particular needs.
- Brand Protection and Supply Chain Security Advisory Services
- Brand Protection and Supply Chain Security Audits
- Capacity Building and Continuous Improvement Advisory Services
- Capacity Building and Continuous Improvement Audits
- Chemical Testing
- Claims Testing
- Environmental Responsibility Advisory Services
- Environmental Responsibility Audits
- Extractives and Raw Materials Advisory Services
- Extractives and Raw Materials Audits
- Factory Capability and Quality Audits
- Management System Assessment
- Mechanical Testing
- Physical Testing
- Program Development
- Quality Inspection
- Regulatory Testing
Browse pertinent UL thought leadership to help you find the research and insights that matter for your business.