UL helps power market opportunities.
We advance innovation and speed to market for high-tech customers through our global reach, thought leadership, compliance services and engineering expertise.
The benefits of working with UL
UL’s breadth of service offerings allows us to serve as a single global source for the high-tech industry’s key business needs.
Working with one provider enables our customers to take advantage of cost- and time-saving service bundles as well as an integrated approach to testing and certification that is tailored to support deadlines, business processes and go-to-market plans.
Our active participation on technology standards development committees and industry technical task groups and at public conferences allows us to share critical business intelligence with our customers. As an example, through our active involvement in the development of the new IEC 62368-1 hazard-based safety standard, UL is uniquely positioned to help manufacturers understand and prepare for compliance with the standard, which will significantly impact how the high-tech industry designs and builds products.
In response to the high-pressure deadlines that are part of doing business in this industry, we have further enhanced our capacity to accommodate short turnaround time requests. And our trustworthy reputation provides an important product differentiator in a crowded marketplace, communicating safety and quality to the industry, retailers, regulatory authorities and end users.
Areas of Focus
Find the right service within the UL offering and learn how it meets your particular needs.
- Advisory Services
- Brand Protection and Supply Chain Security Audits
- Capacity Building and Continuous Improvement Audits
- Chemical Emissions Testing
- Chemical Testing
- Component Certification
- EMC Testing
- Energy Efficiency Testing
- Environmental Claim Validation
- Environmental Responsibility Audits
- Factory Inspection
- Field Inspection Service
- Follow-up Service
- GCF/PTCRB Testing
- Global Market Access
- Global Market Access Wireless Testing
- Hazardous Locations Certifications
- Multi-attribute Sustainability Certification
- Multiple Listing and Private Labeling
- NEBS Testing
- OTA Testing
- Performance Testing
- Pre-certification Review
- Reliability Testing
- Repackaged Product Program
- Risk Identification and Management Audits
- Safety Certification
- SAR Testing
- Transaction Security Evaluation Services
- Transaction Security Test Services
- Wireless Logo Verification
- Wireless Regulatory Testing
View the scope and table of contents for the UL Standard that applies to your regulatory or engineering needs.
- 13 3 Standard for Power-Limited Circuit Cables
- 22 6 Standard for Amusement and Gaming Machines
- 94 6 Standard for Tests for Flammability of Plastic Materials for Parts in Devices and Appliances
- 110 1 Standard for Sustainability for Mobile Phones
- 497 7 Standard for Protectors for Paired-Conductor Communications Circuits
- 746A 6 Standard for Polymeric Materials – Short Term Property Evaluations
- 796 10 Standard for Printed-Wiring Boards
- 813 7 Standard for Commercial Audio Equipment
- 1413 6 Standard for High-Voltage Components for Television-Type Appliances
- 1419 3 Standard for Professional Video and Audio Equipment
- 1492 2 Audio-Video Products and Accessories
- 1642 5 Standard for Lithium Batteries
- 1989 5 Standard for Standby Batteries
- 2054 2 Standard for Household and Commercial Batteries
- 2738 1 Standard for Induction Power Transmitters and Receivers for use with Low Energy Products
- 2755 1 Modular Data Centers
- 6500 2 Standard for Audio/Video and Musical Instrument Apparatus for Household, Commercial, and Similar General Use
- 60065 7 Standard for Audio, Video and Similar Electronic Apparatus – Safety Requirements
- 60950-1 1 Information Technology Equipment – Safety – Part-1: General Requirements
- 62368-1 1 Audio/video, information and communication technology equipment – Part 1: Safety requirements
Browse pertinent UL thought leadership to help you find the research and insights that matter for your business.