Our comprehensive range of global HazLoc services includes:
- Equipment testing and certification, covering a range of assessment needs from initial design reviews to full certifications
- Equipment repair facility service certifications, including the IECEx Certified Service Facility Scheme, the UL Mark HazLoc motor rebuilder program, and other UL Mark repair facility service options
- Field evaluations and investigations, including IECEx and ATEX Unit Verifications and North American limited production certification performed on-site at a customer facility or in the field
- Data acceptance programs, enabling customers to utilize test data from their own or other test facilities for UL safety certifications
All of these services are in support of oil and gas, chemical, pharmaceutical, agricultural, energy, transportation and mining customers.
These services, together with UL’s qualified HazLoc engineering staff and test facilities around the world, provide local service in a company’s own time zone and language for faster time to market.
With more than a century of technical expertise, UL’s HazLoc engineers help customers demonstrate to the local jurisdictional authorities that products and services meet public and proprietary standards and specifications, government regulations and consumer expectations.
UL maintains highly trained, local engineering staff with decades of hazardous locations experience across 12 countries on four continents, including:
- Asia: China, India, Japan, Korea, Singapore and Taiwan
- Europe: Denmark, Germany and the United Kingdom
- Latin America: Brazil
- North America: Canada and the United States
State-of-the-art hazardous locations laboratory testing capabilities are also available locally in Asia (Taiwan), Europe (Denmark) and North America (U.S.).
The expertise of UL’s global technical team (as well as our certifications, test reports and quality assessments) is recognized and respected around the world.
Globally, UL maintains and is expanding the following recognized as the following:
- Ex Notified Body (ExNB) under the European Union ATEX Directive
- Certification Organization (CO) under the Brazilian INMETRO regulations
- Ex Certification Body (ExCB) and Ex Testing Laboratory (ExTL) under the IECEx System
- OSHA Nationally Recognized Testing Laboratory (NRTL)
- U.S. Coast Guard (USCG) Accepted Laboratory
- Canadian Accredited Certification Body (ACB)
- Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA) Part 6 Independent Laboratory.
Understanding that these accreditations and approvals cannot address all global market access needs, we also maintain and are expanding relationships with other hazardous locations testing and certification organizations throughout Asia, Australia, the Commonwealth of Independent States, Europe and Latin America. This combination of global hazardous locations engineering staff, laboratories and accreditations allows us to offer integrated test plans to assess and certify products to meet requirements for multiple countries concurrently under the Division and Zone classification systems.