Furniture in office environments can take a lot of abuse. That’s why furniture manufacturers voluntarily conduct third-party testing for performance and durability characteristics, to ensure that their products maintain their integrity in the most challenging environments.
UL has expanded it’s testing capability with the acquisition of Advanced Furniture Testing, a leader in performance and durability testing for furniture, with labs located in Holland, MI and Jasper, IN. UL can conduct testing to ANSI/BIFMA test methods for seating, casegoods and office panel systems, in addition to EN and British standards.
Additionally, UL provides a full range of testing for furnishing fabrics, filling materials, furniture components and more.
Performance and Durability Tests Available
- ANSI/BIFMA X6.1 – 2012 Educational Seating – Tests
- ANSI/BIFMA X5.11 – 2015 General Purpose Large Occupant Office Chairs – Tests
- ANSI/BIFMA X5.4 – 2012 Lounge Seating – Tests
- ANSI/BIFMA X5.1 – 2011 General Purpose Office Chairs – Tests
- GSA Tests for Intensive Use and Upholstered Furniture- GSA Performance Test Method for Intensive Use Chairs
- GSA Upholstered Durability Test
- Mechanical Life Cycle Testing
- Cyclic Impact Testing
- EN 1335-1,-2,-3
Casegoods, Tables and Panels
- ANSI/BIFMA X5.5-2014 Desk/Table Products – Tests
- ANSI/BIFMA S6.5-2001 Small Office/Home Office Furniture – Tests
- ANSI/BIFMA X5.6-2016 Panel Systems – Tests
- ANSI/BIFMA X5.9-2012 Storage Units – Tests
- ANSI/BIFMA X5.3-2012 Vertical Files – Tests
- ASTM D 2794 – Resistance of Organic Coatings to the Effects of Rapid Deformation (Impact)
UL is your source for furniture testing, offering ANSI/BIFMA furniture testing, as well as UL 1286 safety certification, GREENGUARD Certification and chemical emissions testing.