Demonstrate product performance with BIFMA Performance Certification from UL.
UL is offering the first and only program that certifies a product meets BIFMA performance standards. Now, you can demonstrate that your office furniture products meet industry performance and durability requirements, backed by a third-party certification.
Benefits of performance certification by UL include:
• Demonstration that products imported into the US and Canada comply with BIFMA standards
• Demonstration of compliance with a variety of specification and purchasing requirements, including GSA requirements
• Third-party proof of your testing for performance and durability
In addition, the UL enhanced mark will be featured on your products and promotional materials, and your products will be listed in UL’s free certification directory.
With UL’s BIFMA Performance Certification Program, products are carefully selected and subjected to durability and strength testing efforts in only accredited laboratories. This results in a well-recognized certification mark, along with annual follow-up testing that helps detect changes in your supply chain that could affect product performance. UL’s certification program allows for testing over and above BIFMA standards, up to 25 percent more, enabling you to demonstrate greater product strength and build trust among your international customers and purchasing representatives.
By achieving the BIFMA Performance Certification for products, you can:
• Gain a competitive edge in the marketplace
• Certify continued adherence to industry standards
• Eliminate the challenges of how to comply with durability and strength requirements
UL can certify BIFMA performance for a wide range of product standards, including:
ANSI/BIFMA X5.5-2008 – Desk Products
ANSI/BIFMA X5.9-2004 – Storage Units
ANSI/BIFMA X5.1-2002 – Office Seating
ANSI/BIFMA X5.3-2007 – Vertical Files
ANSI/BIFMA X5.4-2005 – Lounge and Public Seating
ANSI/BIFMA X5.6-2016 – Panel Systems
ANSI/BIFMA X5.9-2012 – Storage
ANSI/BIFMA X6.1-2012 – Educational Seating
ANSI/BIFMA S6.5-2001 – Small Office/Home Furniture
To learn more about this program, contact us at email@example.com or call 844.221.5689.