FURNITURE AND BEDDING
Rely on UL for expertise in furniture testing and certification to compete successfully in the global furniture and bedding market.
The new realities of business require furniture manufacturers to manage a broad set of compliance challenges centering on safety, quality and environmental leadership. Rely on UL’s expertise in furniture testing and certification, teamed with our global presence, to meet the challenge of today’s furniture market. We help manufacturers grow their market reach, meet regulatory demands and protect brand value.
Leverage UL’s Industry Expertise
UL offers vital services for every stage of furniture manufacturing, from prototype through finalization. We can help determine risk before production begins with factory capability and social compliance assessments. We provide safety certifications, performance and mechanical testing, chemical and emission testing, flammability testing, and sustainability offerings for furniture and bedding – from raw materials and components to accessories and packaging.
UL’s expertise in compliance issues enables us to assist our furniture-industry customers in determining exactly what regulations apply to their target markets, which products need to be tested and whether testing should be conducted on components or finished goods. We can help customers develop a production testing plan, and provide guidance on regulatory details ranging from labeling requirements to record keeping.
UL uses recognized methods to test products for compliance, with international regulations and standards, including:
- China – GB standards for furniture and fabrics
- Europe – EN, FIRA and BS testing
- Japan – JIS
- North America – UL, BIFMA, 196 CFR and ASTM
- Other international standards – ISO methods
We offer targeted services and standards to meet the particular needs the furniture and bedding industry. Visit the appropriate industry segment section for detailed information on specific services.
Areas of Focus
Find the right service within the UL offering and learn how it meets your particular needs.
- BIFMA level Certification
- Certificated Agency Program
- Chemical Emissions Testing
- Chemical Testing
- Environmental Product Declaration
- FACTS Certification
- GREENGUARD Certification
- LEED Package
- Multi-attribute Sustainability Certification
- Performance Testing
- Quality Inspection
- Safety Certification
View the scope and table of contents for the UL Standard that applies to your regulatory or engineering needs.
- 65 7 Standard for Wired Cabinets
- 964 12 Standard for Electrically Heated Bedding
- 1275 3 Standard for Flammable Liquid Storage Cabinets
- 1286 5 Standard for Office Furnishings
- 1667 3 Standard for Tall Institutional Carts for Use With Audio-, Video-, and Television-Type Equipment
- 1678 5 Standard for Household, Commercial, and Institutional-Use Carts, Stands and Entertainment Centers for Use with Audio and/or Video Equipment
- 1805 1 Standard for Laboratory Hoods and Cabinets
- 2040 1 Standard for Folding Rollaway Tables
- 2416 2 Standard for for Audio/Video, Information and Communication Technology Equipment Cabinet, Enclosure and Rack Systems
- 2818 1 GREENGUARD Certification Program For Chemical Emissions For Building Materials, Finishes And Furnishings
Browse pertinent UL thought leadership to help you find the research and insights that matter for your business.