ENERGY AND INDUSTRIAL SYSTEMS
UL’s unmatched, proven expertise in safety science and engineering uniquely enables us to fully support the rapid evolution of the energy and industrial solutions global market.
For over a century, UL has partnered with key stakeholders in the energy industry; those legacy organizations are now the key drivers of current product innovation and industry maturation. We are active members in industry associations and standards working groups. We consult regularly with manufacturers, universities and research institutes to identify changing needs, new technologies, and the potential impacts of innovation on UL Standards creation and development.
We also work closely with Authorities Having Jurisdiction (AHJs), regulatory officials and government representatives to understand the changing market landscape. UL’s deep knowledge of the industry and our global presence enable us to deliver localized service to our customers, while providing the information and services they need to gain access to markets around the world.
The benefits of working with UL
UL offers safety and performance testing and certification services tailored specifically to the needs of energy and industrial systems product manufacturers and other stakeholders such as developers and renewable energy project owners/operators. Our extensive, flexible service portfolio covers all of our customers’ core business needs, from research and development to installation and end use.
UL is considered a leading global technical expert within the industry. Our energy and industrial solutions team members are frequently invited to speak at conferences and stakeholder meetings and to work with the industry on technology development, product innovation, and studies gauging product safety and performance.
Our customers leverage UL’s experience and services to meet emerging regulatory demands and market needs while developing the pioneering technological solutions that will power the future.
Areas of Focus
Find the right service within the UL offering and learn how it meets your particular needs.
- Code Training
- Component Certification
- Continuous Improvement Advisory Service
- Custom Training
- Data Acceptance Program
- EMC Testing
- Energy Efficiency Certification
- Energy Efficiency Testing
- Field Inspection Service
- Global Market Access
- Global Market Access Training
- Hazardous Locations Certifications
- Performance Certification
- Performance Testing
- Pre-certification Review
- Regulatory Compliance Essentials Training
- Safety Certification
- Standards Research Advisory Service
- UL Program Training
View the summary of a selection of key UL Standards, drawn from our broader catalog, that apply to your regulatory or engineering needs.
- 674 5 Motors for Use in Hazardous Locations
- 844 13 Luminaires for Use in Hazardous Locations
- 913 7 Intrinsically Safe Equipment
- 1203 5 Explosion-proof and Dust-Ignition-proof Electrical Equipment
- 1642 5 Standard for lithium batteries
- 1699B 2 PHOTOVOLTAIC (PV) DC ARC-FAULT CIRCUIT PROTECTION
- 1703 3 Standard for Flat-Plate Photovoltaic Modules and Panels
- 1741 2 Inverters
- 1973 1 Batteries for use in light electric rail (LER) applications and stationary applications
- 2054 2 Household and commercial batteries
- 2271 1 Batteries for use in light electric vehicles (LEV)
- 2580 2 Batteries for use in electric vehicles (EV)
- 2703 2 Mounting systems and clamping devices
- 2735 1 Standard for Electric Utility Meters
- 3703 1 Solar Trackers
- 6141 1 Large Wind Turbine Systems
- 6703 3 PV connectors
- 61215 1 Crystalline silicon terrestrial photovoltaic modules — design qualification and type approval
- 61646 1 Thin-film photovoltaic modules — design qualification and type approval
Browse pertinent UL thought leadership to help you find the research and insights that matter for your business.