UL upholds purity, potency and trust.
An increasingly scrutinized global market means that manufacturers and retailers need to drive visibility into their quality control practices and compliance to dietary supplement regulation.
UL ClearView® is driving transparency in dietary supplement quality programs.
ClearView’s integrated supply chain information system provides regulatory data necessary for compliance with complex regulations while helping suppliers and their customers meet their goals of placing safer products in the marketplace.
Working with UL
UL quality assurance, regulatory compliance testing, and world market access programs provide the rigor and support customers need to meet consumer and regulatory demands for high-quality products while maximizing efficiencies as one global provider for all key customer needs.
UL’s quality assurance solutions range from testing the purity and potency of raw ingredients and finished products to manufacturing audits and quality inspections to help achieve cGMP compliance. This includes:
- Product specification development
- Manufacturing audits
- Standard operating procedure development and implementation
- Microbiological quality assessment
- Stability studies for expiration dating
- Sensory evaluations and consumer panels
- Supplement testing for purity/potency and contaminants for regulatory compliance
- Regulatory label reviews
- Regulatory consultation
The benefits of working with UL
UL uses recognized test methods to help products meet global standards, including U.S., Japanese and European pharmacopeia and the Dietary Supplement Health Education Act (DSHEA).
UL’s Consumer Products team has led the field in developing industry test methods and standards, to help clients in the advancement of effective quality assurance programs for their dietary supplement products.
The UL brand is recognized by 3 out of 4 consumers as a symbol of high quality and performance. Lead in your category by testing to UL’s highest standards, and differentiate at shelf using the UL verified badge.
Areas of Focus
Find the right service within the UL offering and learn how it meets your particular needs.
- Analytical Testing
- Brand Protection and Supply Chain Security Advisory Services
- Brand Protection and Supply Chain Security Audits
- Capacity Building and Continuous Improvement Advisory Services
- Capacity Building and Continuous Improvement Audits
- Chemical Testing
- Claims Testing
- Consumer Studies
- Environmental Responsibility Advisory Services
- Environmental Responsibility Audits
- Extractives and Raw Materials Audits
- Factory Capability and Quality Audits
- Manufacturing Audits
- Microbiological Testing
- Package Review
- Physical Testing
- Quality Inspection
- Sensory Testing
- Supply Chain Certification
Browse pertinent UL thought leadership to help you find the research and insights that matter for your business.