UL upholds purity, potency and trust.
We help dietary supplement providers meet regulatory demands, helping ensure company credibility and consumer confidence in an increasingly scrutinized global market.
The benefits of working with UL
As a proven leader in developing industry testing and standards, we have more than 60 years of in-depth dietary supplement knowledge and experience.
Our quality assurance, regulatory compliance, and world market access programs provide the rigor and support customers need to meet consumer and regulatory demands for safer, high-quality products while maximizing efficiencies as one global provider for all key customer needs.
UL’s quality assurance solutions range from testing the purity and potency of raw ingredients and finished products to quality inspections and manufacturing audits to help achieve cGMP compliance. This includes:
- Product specification development
- Standard operating procedure development and implementation
- Microbiological quality assessment
- Stability studies for expiration dating
- Sensory evaluations and consumer panels
- Testing for purity/potency and contaminants for regulatory compliance
- Regulatory label reviews
- Regulatory consultation
- Manufacturing audits
UL uses recognized test methods to help products meet global standards, including U.S., Japanese and European pharmacopeia and the Dietary Supplement Health Education Act (DSHEA).
Find the right service within the UL offering and learn how it meets your particular needs.
- Advisory Services
- Analytical Testing
- Brand Protection and Supply Chain Security Advisory Services
- Brand Protection and Supply Chain Security Audits
- Capacity Building and Continuous Improvement Advisory Services
- Capacity Building and Continuous Improvement Audits
- Chemical Testing
- Claims Testing
- Consumer Studies
- Environmental Responsibility Advisory Services
- Environmental Responsibility Audits
- Extractives and Raw Materials Audits
- Factory Capability and Quality Audits
- Manufacturing Audits
- Microbiological Testing
- Package Review
- Physical Testing
- Quality Inspection
- Risk Identification and Management Advisory Services
- Risk Identification and Management Audits
- Sensory Testing
- Supply Chain Certification
Browse pertinent UL thought leadership to help you find the research and insights that matter for your business.