Signal Integration Testing (SIT) There are five methods for determining the amount of signal propagation loss caused by material characteristics of conductors and accompanying structures on printed boards. These losses result in frequency dependent attenuation, α, as described in IPC-2141. Four of these methods to assess this loss are time domain based, and one is frequency domain (FD) based. These methods are:
• Method A: Effective Bandwidth (EBW) method
• Method B: Root Impulse Energy (RIE) method
• Method C: Short Pulse Propagation (SPP) method
• Method D: Single-Ended TDR to Differential Insertion Loss (SET2DIL) method
• Method E: Frequency Domain (FD) method
Established Expertise – Years of global expertise in testing and certifying PCB products and standard development for the industry
Flexible and Cost-effective Options -For better value and faster time-to-market, customers can package their safety and performance needs for a cost-effective “one-stop” approach under UL’s Printed Circuits Boards service.
Single Point of Contact – Customers can manage all of their projects through a single source of local contact which can help ease of unnecessary coordination work.