Interconnection Stress Testing (IST)
Interconnection Stress Testing (IST) is to speed up temperature cycling to detect the early failures for ensure reliability level . The IST method heats the coupon internally by applying DC current to a test coupon. The current is applied to a heater circuit that daisy chains from layer 2 to layer 3 and from layer n-1 to n-2. IST is applicable for different types of product with different customer specifications for minimum cycles to failure. The automotive and aerospace industries also recognize this test methods.
How IST works:
1. Simulation of reflow, rework process.
2. Distinguishing major failure mode.
3. Help us to find out which process went wrong.
4. Estimating the product life
What IST helps:
1. Major failure mode can be distinguished by IST test.
2. IST test will stop at forming of micro cracks, instead of cracks.
3. Different manufacturing process response for different failure mode
IST is becoming an important verification for PWB qualification.
Established Expertise – Years of global expertise in testing and certifying PCB products and standard development for the industry
Flexible and Cost-effective Options – For better value and faster time-to-market, customers can package their safety and performance needs for a cost-effective “one-stop” approach under UL’s Printed Circuits Boards service.
Single Point of Contact – Customers can manage all of their projects through a single source of local contact which can help ease of unnecessary coordination work.