(Sub) CLAUSE / ANNEX HEADING:
General Test Conditions – Conduct of Tests
OTHER RELEVANT (Sub) CLAUSES / ANNEXES (as applicable):
DESCRIPTION OF ISSUE:
How can Clause 4.1.4 be applied in order to maximize efficiency in testing?
Clause 4.1.4 states, “The temperature measurements shall be carried out with the apparatus positioned in accordance with the instructions for use provided by the manufacturer …”
The instructions provided by the manufacturer shall be:
- packaged with each sample of the product
- legible and understandable
- sufficiently detailed so that installation cannot be misinterpreted.
Clause 4.1.4 states, “or, in the absence of instructions, the apparatus shall be positioned …” followed by instructions as to the free space used during temperature testing.
In applying this part of the requirement, the test house shall:
- Build an open-fronted, wooden test box as described in Clause 4.1.4 or
- Ask the manufacturer of the product to supply a box as described in Clause 4.1.4.
Instructions, if provided, shall be sufficiently detailed such that a user can understand how to properly install the product. An example of this wording is “The product should not be used in a confined space such as a bookcase.”
SEE RELATED PAG: