With unmatched toy safety expertise, UL’s team of quality assurance experts is uniquely positioned to support the toy manufacturing industry’s drive to bring safer products to the world market.
UL experts develop comprehensive toy safety and quality assurance solutions.
UL assists customers in developing comprehensive safety programs including age grading determinations, design evaluations, safety and risk assessments, chemical management, EC type examinations, and toxicological assessments.
We help our customers to mitigate the risks associated with global sourcing to protect your brand reputation and build consumer loyalty.
We’re with you every step of the way, from design to shelf, with services that include:
- Design evaluations and safety assessments
- Human factors evaluations
- Chemical management
- Toxicological risk assessments
- Restricted substance evaluations
- Sensory and consumer studies
- Label evaluation and verification
We offer a comprehensive portfolio of testing and assessment services, including:
- Mechanical and physical testing
- Construction and workmanship
- Stability and durability
- Load and overload capacity
- Small parts choking hazards, sharp point and edge assessments
- Impact, torque, tension and compression
- Flammability of solids and flashpoint of volatile materials
- Heavy metals content in surface coatings, and substrate materials
- Toxics in packaging testing
- Antimicrobial effectiveness
- Quality and defect inspection services
- Factory audits (quality management, social responsibility, and others)
UL is registered with the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) as an accredited laboratory for the Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act (CPSIA) third-party testing. Our worldwide laboratories perform testing to all regional regulatory standards including California Proposition 65 (Legislation AB 2901 Chapter 575). We hold Notified Body status under the EU Toy Safety Directive 2009/48/EC and EU Low Voltage Directive.